The COVID-19 pandemic that brought the world economy to a three-month halt also brought down CO2 emissions to an unprecedented level. Although these numbers might seem significant, the effect of these drops alone is nearly not enough to achieve the 1.5°C target set by the Paris Agreement. So how can we look at the pandemic as an opportunity to step up the fight against the climate emergency? The answer lies in the response to the global economic crisis and in the stimulus packages offered by governments throughout the world.
- Ukraine: How Russia’s Raucous Resurgence Is Becoming Increasingly Ruthless and Reckless
- The Spread of Misinformation Reveals Existing Fears and the Polarisation of Society
- The Precedent Set by Successful Russian Aggression
- How share buybacks have led to risky market overvaluation
- The Case for the Relevance of Multilateral Summits