‘In the blink of an eye, the Lebanese were snatched from their relatively normal lives and reminded of the fragility of their country’. In this article, the author suggests that after the August 4th Beirut explosions, the country has reached a political turning point. ’Not only did the tragedy confirm the government’s contempt for its people but it also revealed the Lebanese solidarity and their eagerness to fight for a legitimate and modern democratic system’.
- Ukraine: How Russia’s Raucous Resurgence Is Becoming Increasingly Ruthless and Reckless
- The Spread of Misinformation Reveals Existing Fears and the Polarisation of Society
- The Precedent Set by Successful Russian Aggression
- How share buybacks have led to risky market overvaluation
- The Case for the Relevance of Multilateral Summits