Share buybacks were responsible for 40% of SP500 returns in 2021 and these returns were generated without necessarily improving underlying business fundamentals. Investors must understand buybacks and be cautious of how companies use them to boost their share price and EPS. Tommaso Simone explores both sides of the debate concerning popular business news and whether Executive bonus packages should be so fixated on earnings.
- Ukraine: How Russia’s Raucous Resurgence Is Becoming Increasingly Ruthless and Reckless
- The Spread of Misinformation Reveals Existing Fears and the Polarisation of Society
- The Precedent Set by Successful Russian Aggression
- How share buybacks have led to risky market overvaluation
- The Case for the Relevance of Multilateral Summits