To the author, “this [the UK] government’s policy on domestic violence amounts to a legislative smokescreen”. How can we overcome this? She argues in favour of the ‘abolitionist feminist approach’ which proposes that ‘we move beyond an oppressive carceral structure and look to create a structure that empowers those who would be victims of violence to escape abusive situations before violence takes place.
- Ukraine: How Russia’s Raucous Resurgence Is Becoming Increasingly Ruthless and Reckless
- The Spread of Misinformation Reveals Existing Fears and the Polarisation of Society
- The Precedent Set by Successful Russian Aggression
- How share buybacks have led to risky market overvaluation
- The Case for the Relevance of Multilateral Summits