In his second legal piece, the author notes that ‘the inconvenience of a nationwide lockdown is just the latest chapter in a long saga of misfortune that the criminal justice system has endured’. With the idea of ‘juryless trials’ being floated to speed up the delivery of justice in over 500,000 cases, he highlights how ‘the experiences of a predominantly white judiciary differ greatly from the BAME community’, and why the proposal ultimately causes more problems than it solves.
- Ukraine: How Russia’s Raucous Resurgence Is Becoming Increasingly Ruthless and Reckless
- The Spread of Misinformation Reveals Existing Fears and the Polarisation of Society
- The Precedent Set by Successful Russian Aggression
- How share buybacks have led to risky market overvaluation
- The Case for the Relevance of Multilateral Summits