Anas Adam tackles the Kafala system in Lebanon, the country’s sponsorship system for migrant domestic workers. He breaks down the system and its practices, arguing that it amounts to modern day slavery, enabling abuse and gross human rights violations. He concludes by considering change, addressing the responsibility of home countries, and examining the realities of reform at a time when Lebanon is on its last legs.
- Ukraine: How Russia’s Raucous Resurgence Is Becoming Increasingly Ruthless and Reckless
- The Spread of Misinformation Reveals Existing Fears and the Polarisation of Society
- The Precedent Set by Successful Russian Aggression
- How share buybacks have led to risky market overvaluation
- The Case for the Relevance of Multilateral Summits