Is the United Nations Security Council fit for purpose? After 70 years of an ever-changing world order, the five main constituents which dominate the Security Council have gradually exposed their inability to maintain international stability and have lost their reputation as “global policemen”. With outdated benefits such as the veto motion obstructing efforts towards alleviating conflict, Henna Moussavi questions the legitimacy of the five core members and their intentions with regards to the Security Council’s mission statement.
- Ukraine: How Russia’s Raucous Resurgence Is Becoming Increasingly Ruthless and Reckless
- The Spread of Misinformation Reveals Existing Fears and the Polarisation of Society
- The Precedent Set by Successful Russian Aggression
- How share buybacks have led to risky market overvaluation
- The Case for the Relevance of Multilateral Summits